By Peter F Cohen
- Afterlife, a singular by way of Paul Monette, and the conventional center, a play via Larry Kramer, either one of which envision the go back of the category privileges that convinced homosexual males had earlier than AIDS emerged
- People in hassle, a unique by way of Sarah Schulman, which demanding situations homosexual males to prevent striving for the privileges of hetero men and as an alternative to target an AIDS flow that may help all teams tormented by the epidemic
- Angels in the United States, a play via Tony Kushner, which demonstrates the incompatibility of affection and political fight in literature approximately AIDSBy analyzing AIDS activism and politics throughout the love tale and during real-life examples reminiscent of ACT UP, Love and Anger integrates truth and fiction in a scholarly, but understandable demeanour. it's going to provide you with a clearer realizing of the problems surrounding AIDS activism and politics, in addition to provide you with perception into the attitudes and emotions of these suffering from the ailment.
Read or Download Love and Anger: Essays on AIDS, Activism, and Politics (Haworth Gay & Lesbian Studies) PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
40 years in the past, such a lot american citizens acknowledged they did not recognize someone who was once gay and claimed to understand little or not anything approximately homosexuality. at the present time, there is rarely a sitcom with no well-liked homosexual personality, video clips like Milk and Brokeback Mountain have received Oscars, or even humans journal celebrated the wedding of Ellen Degeneres and Portia DeRossi.
In a daring rethinking of the Hollywood blacklist and McCarthyite the USA, Joseph Litvak finds a political regime that didn't finish with the Nineteen Fifties or maybe with the chilly warfare: a regime of obligatory sycophancy, within which the great citizen is an informer, able to denounce someone who won't play the a part of the earnest, patriotic American.
Examine the newest practicaland bisexually affirmativeapproaches to supporting bisexual clientsClinical paintings with bisexual consumers has conceptually shifted past the unique emphasis on both directly or lesbian and homosexual concerns. There are nonetheless, even if, too few psychotherapists who offer affirmative psychotherapy particular to bisexual issues.
I had simply witnessed ladies who shingled their very own roofs, drove eighteen-wheeler vans, and outfitted their very own housesas good as saved them fresh and cooked a rattling solid meal. On women’s land i'm a first class citizen, I’m taken care of as an equivalent. I now see the realm with righteous anger and wish. residing in womyn’s neighborhood has only if lens for me.
- Steel Closets: Voices of Gay, Lesbian, and Transgender Steelworkers
- Queer Activism in India: A Story in the Anthropology of Ethics
- Authentic Leadership
- Los Invisibles: A History of Male Homosexuality in Spain, 1850-1940 (Iberian and Latin American Studies)
- To Begin To Know: Walking in the shadows of my father
Additional info for Love and Anger: Essays on AIDS, Activism, and Politics (Haworth Gay & Lesbian Studies)
Love and Anger: Essays on AIDS, Activism, and Politics (Haworth Gay & Lesbian Studies) by Peter F Cohen