By Lauren Porosoff
- stories of disasters and successes in designing curriculum
- metaphors from daily life to assist academics comprehend curriculum layout as a procedure rooted in values and culminating in significant learning
- examples of crucial questions, review guidance, lesson calendars, unit plans, and curriculum maps
- exercises and templates lecturers can use to create and determine curriculum
- protocols designed to inspire inclusive participation and significant mirrored image while colleagues examine curriculum together
Read or Download Curriculum at Your Core: Meaningful Teaching in the Age of Standards PDF
Best curricula books
If we'd like all our scholars to develop into higher thinkers and rookies, we needs to layout rigorous studying reviews that transcend aiding them easily grasp criteria. during this consultant, Robyn R. Jackson takes you step-by-step throughout the technique of making plans rigorous instruction—what nice lecturers do to make sure scholars have a studying vacation spot that’s worthy operating towards and that the trail they take to get there'll support them move the large checks and turn into engaged newbies, potent challenge solvers, and demanding thinkers.
With constrained empirical study to be had on on-line educating throughout cultures particularly with local and Hispanic American scholars, this booklet will current the findings of a two-year, Spencer-funded learn in developing an inclusive (i. e. , multicultural and intergenerational) tutorial layout version for on-line studying.
Through the preschool and kindergarten years, young ones start spending extra time conducting actual task and exploring new meals. aid young children how to look after their our bodies as they construct a beginning for fit, lively lives with this health and food curriculum. young children will know about motor improvement, health and actual task, relaxation and leisure, foodstuff offerings and consuming conduct, and heading off germs whilst consuming.
Welcome to Poetryland: educating Poetry Writing to youngsters attracts from Shelley Savren’s 40 years of educating poetry writing in grades pre-K–6 and to concentration populations, together with talented and certain schooling scholars, scholars in after university courses and at paintings museums, and homeless, abused, or ignored scholars.
- Shaping the Future with Math, Science, and Technology: Solutions and Lesson Plans to Prepare Tomorrows Innovators
- Religion and Teaching (Reflective Teaching and the Social Conditions of Schooling Series)
- The Art and Science of Teaching and Learning: The Selected Works of Ted Wragg (World Library of Educationalists)
- The Subject Leader: An introduction to leadership and management
- Teaching the Taboo: Courage and Imagination in the Classroom, Second Edition
Additional resources for Curriculum at Your Core: Meaningful Teaching in the Age of Standards
Curriculum at Your Core: Meaningful Teaching in the Age of Standards by Lauren Porosoff